Key Skills: Data Warehouse Development, SQL/Server, T-SQL, SSIS, Teradata, Informatica
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: To £35K + Excellent Benefits
Our client is looking for a Data Warehouse Developer to work on the successful delivery of data warehouse development activities in-line with customer expectations. You will require good all round experience working across all aspects of a data warehouse solution including data integration, data cleansing/profiling and developing relational structures. Working within an existing team, the role will include some initial requirements analysis and writing data extracts from multiple source systems into a data warehouse.
What they want is a competent SQL/Server developer (with T-SQL and SSIS) to help them migrate their data from SQL/Server to Teradata.
As an experienced Data Warehouse Developer, you must have:
- An excellent track record of delivering software;
- Expertise in the overall design of systems, understanding business needs and transforming them into technical requirements;
- Demonstrable expertise with SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL and SSIS;
- Practical experience extracting data from multiple sources using SSIS while showing consideration for more advanced ETL concepts such as orchestration and dependency management;
- Familiarity with data warehouse concepts (e.g. Kimball Star Schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Fact Tables).
Teradata and/or Informatica experience would be a distinct advantage, but training will be given as necessary.
Please contact us if you have experience with Data Warehouse Development, SQL/Server, T-SQL, SSIS and are happy to cross-train from SQL/Server to Informatica and Teradata.
This Data Warehouse Developer role is commutable from: Swansea, Neath, Bridgend, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport (Gwent), Bristol
This is a specialist IT vacancy. Please do not apply unless you have the relevant skills and experience