Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: To £32K + Benefits
Key Skills: Developer, Programmer, Perl, OOP, Object Oriented, Mojolicious, MongoDB, RESTful API, JSON, OAuth, JQuery, Scala, Agile, Scrum, GIT, W3C
Our client is looking for a Perl Developer / Programmer with proven commercial software engineering experience, who can apply their object oriented programming skills within a Perl development role. A demonstrable ability to pick up skills quickly and effectively is essential together with experience of providing coaching and guidance to colleagues. This post is within the e-services development team whose systems are built around the following technologies: Perl, Mojolicious, MongoDB, RESTful API, JSON, OAuth, JQuery and Scala. The team is made up of 20 developers, working in an Agile environment on multiple projects, often working in tandem with Java developers who develop their core business systems.
As a Perl Developer / Programmer, you must have:
- Proven commercial development experience demonstrating recent experience of developing Perl web services in an OO environment;
- Proven experience of commercial development processes, ideally Agile / Scrum;
- An understanding of Mojolicious, MongoDB, API’s, JSON and Scala;
- Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. GIT);
- Experience of designing and developing user interfaces conforming to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and W3C code validation;
- The ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing, also showing confidence in liaising with customer project teams;
- The ability, using proven problem solving and analytical skills, to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions and designs for others to develop.
Please contact us if you have development experience with: Perl, OOP, Object Oriented, Mojolicious, MongoDB, RESTful API, JSON, OAuth, JQuery, Scala, Agile, Scrum, GIT and/or W3C.
This Perl Developer / Programmer role is commutable from: Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport (Gwent), Bristol