Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Rate: To £40K (depending upon experience) + Excellent Benefits
Key Skills: Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Technical Support Analyst, Storage, Databases, Platforms, Scripting, Automation, Networking, Application Servers, Oracle, VMware
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Support Analyst to work with IT delivery and support teams to ensure new products and technologies are integrated/configured in line with IT architectural principles, policies and best practice relating to new and existing environments within their technology estate. You will be expected to work with architects, analysts, developers, engineers, business analysts and project managers to ensure this occurs in a controlled and timely manner.
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Support Analyst, you must have at least 2 years’ experience of at least 4 of the following areas:
- Storage, e.g. FC, iSCSI, SAN, IBM V7000;
- Databases, e.g. Oracle 11g/12g (RAC, Dataguard, RMAN, Performance Tuning, Database Design and Security, Patching, OLTP/OLAP);
- Platforms, e.g. x86-64, Windows, Linux (Redhat, CentOS), AIX, VMWare, OS Security/Hardening;
- Strong Scripting and Automation skills (Shell, Perl or Python);
- Networking e.g. Network design, Firewalls, LAN & WAN, Load Balancing, Monitoring, Security/Hardening, IDS/IPS;
- Application Servers (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat).
In particular our client is looking to boost their Oracle and VMware coverage.
Please get in touch if you have experience with: Infrastructure Engineering, 3rd Line Technical Support, Analysis, Storage, Databases, Platforms, Scripting, Automation, Networking, Application Servers, Oracle and/or VMware.
This Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Support Analyst role is commutable from: Swansea, Neath, Bridgend, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport (Gwent), Bristol