Key Skills: Software, Release, Deployment, Shell Script, Python, UNIX, Linux, Java, Jenkins, Nexus, RunDeck, Ant, Maven, SVN, DevOps
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: c.£30K + Shares + Excellent Benefits
Our client is looking for a Software Release / Deployment Analyst to work with their IT Development and Support teams in order to deploy changes across their IT estate within a busy IT department. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and develop the release processes across a variety of technologies in accordance with industry best practice.
As an experienced Software Release / Deployment Analyst, you must have:
- In-depth knowledge of writing shell script and Python;
- Knowledge of UNIX / Linux systems;
- An understanding of continuous delivery / integration processes with hands on experience of releasing Java based applications using Jenkins, Nexus, RunDeck, Ant, Maven and/or SVN;
- An analytical approach to problem solving;
- Good communication and listening skills;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- A willingness to expand on current knowledge.
Knowledge of DevOps would be a distinct advantage.
Please apply if you have experience of Software Release / Deployment, Shell Scripting, Python, UNIX, Linux, Java, Jenkins, Nexus, RunDeck, Ant, Maven, SVN or DevOps.
This Software Release / Deployment Analyst role is commutable from: Swansea, Neath, Bridgend, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport (Gwent), Bristol
This is a specialist IT vacancy. Please do not apply unless you have the relevant skills and experience