Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: To £45K + Excellent Benefits
Key Skills: Oracle, DBA, Database Administrator, RAC, Dataguard, RMAN, Performance Tuning, OLTP, OLAP
Our client is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to join a team of multi-talented engineers. You will work with IT delivery and support teams to ensure new products and technologies are integrated/configured in line with IT architectural principles, policies and best practice relating to new and existing environments within their technology estate. You will work with architects, analysts, developers, engineers, business analysts and project managers to ensure this occurs in a controlled and timely manner.
As a skilled Oracle DBA, you must have at least 2 years' experience with Oracle 11g/12g (RAC, Dataguard, RMAN, Performance Tuning, Database Design and Security, Patching, OLTP/OLAP).
Experience with any of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Storage e.g. FC, iSCSI, SAN, IBM V7000;
- Platforms e.g. x86-64, Windows, Linux (Redhat, CentOS), AIX, VMWare, OS Security/Hardening;
- Scripting and Automation skills (Shell, Perl or Python);
- Networking e.g. Network design, Firewalls, LAN & WAN, Load Balancing, Monitoring, Security/Hardening, IDS/IPS;
- Application Servers (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat).
Please get in touch if you have experience with: Oracle, DBA, Database Administrator, RAC, Dataguard, RMAN, Performance Tuning, OLTP and/or OLAP.
This Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) role is commutable from: Swansea, Neath, Bridgend, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport (Gwent), Bristol
Please do not apply unless you have the relevant skills and experience